Training for the 2023 Los Angeles Marathon starts September 17, 2022!
Some things to know about the Pasadena Pacer Marathon Training Program:
- We are an official training partner of the Los Angeles Marathon. Yep, we’re certified and bonafide as such.
- Our training program is entirely FREE. Always has been, always will be. No cost, no how.
- The program can help newbies, experienced runners, and those somewhere in the middle. Never run? We’ve got you. Run like the wind and want to get a new PR? We’ve still got you.
- We offer camaraderie with our training. We have pace groups for the following paces: 6/7 min., 8 min., 9 min., 10 min., 11 min., 11 min. 30 sec., 12 min., 13 min., and 14 min. Groups 9-11 run the entire time; groups 11:30-14 utilize the run/walk interval method. Each pace group has its own Facebook group to keep you informed about runs and encourage you along the way. (You have to click your pace to request access to join the group. Keeps things cozy.)
- Loads of opportunities to run. Saturday at 7:00am for our long run. Midweek runs happen on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at both 6:00pm and 7:00pm. Our new Los Angeles Marathon Speed Training program will kick off on Thursday, September 29, and will run through the duration of the Los Angeles Marathon training season.
- Rumor has it we’re a friendly bunch. One of the friendliest in town, actually.
- You just have to sign up and show up. We require no fees, no nothing. Show up at a Saturday run with running shoes, a water bottle, and high hopes. After stretches, the training groups will break out and you’ll be with your fellow marathoners.
- We’ve been doing this for over 25 years. We’ve helped loads of runners and we never, ever, ever lose that shiny, happy feeling we get when one of our own crosses that finish line.
Interested? Here’s the Training Schedule Remember: it’s far less daunting with a fellow Pacer running along side you.
Still want to know more? Find all more of the Pasadena Pacer who, where, and how on our FAQ page.
Pasadena Pacers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization and donations are tax deductible.