You certainly don’t need to be a runner to join the Pacers! We currently offer two walking groups with different paces and objectives. Join Coach Harrison’s 10K group for walks of 1 to 5 miles, starting and ending at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center.
with Coach Harrison
|1||4 miles on hills|
|3||4 miles on hills|
|5||5 miles on hills|
|7||4 miles on hills|
|9||5 miles on hills|
|11||5 miles on hills|
Walkers interested in longer distances can contact walking program member Maggie Ritchie for walks of longer distances and durations.
What To Bring
Just bring a water bottle with enough water to last through the walking route. That’s it!
In order to get the most out of your walking program, we offer these recommendations to keep you motivated and enjoying your workouts:
- Always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any exercise program.
- Always walk at your own pace; if you feel any pain while walking, stop immediately and let your coach know.
- Stretch after your workout when your muscles are warm to help your body recover.
- Midweek alternate or cross-training workouts help balance your exercise routine by engaging different muscles. These workouts can take the form of just about anything; yoga, biking, weight training, and swimming are all great!
- Follow the rules of the road.