May 13, 2020 UPDATE: In accordance with government guidelines, all Pacer runs and events are canceled until further notice.
In order to maintain social distancing, we do not recommend running with someone from a different household.
As this situation changes rapidly, please refer to current recommendations from state and national health authorities for best practices during this pandemic.
Updates for the Week of August 3, 2020:
We can’t meet in-person, therefore, we will be using more social media and virtual meeting tools to keep Pacers connected.
- Stay tuned for Facebook Lives, virtual meetups, and more.
- Please remember to post photos from your runs/walks onto Instagram — this helps motivate others to run. Don’t forget to tag your photos with @Pasadenapacers, #pasadenapacers, and #pacerstogether2020, so Pacers can see easily see them.
It’s only getting hotter outside. Don’t forget to refer to Dr. Smith’s article, “Running in the Heat”, published in 2017 It has great tips and advice.
- The training programs 12-week cycles start again on August 15, 2020. Our coaches are anxiously waiting for the time when groups will be allowed to meet together again.
- Here are the links to the training programs: Walkers, Pre-Conditioners, 10 Mile Challenge.
- If you are following a training program, please send an email to Pasadenapacers@gmail.com, so the coaches can communicate with you (e.g., send emails, share training information, schedule Zoom session). Please include your name, email, and program name in the email.
- Here’s the link to join the 1o Mile Challenge Facebook page (this is a private Facebook page — please ask to join)
Trail Runners, Half Marathon, Marathon, and 20 Mile Challenge Training Groups: (Currently virtual due to COVID-19)
- Although most upcoming races are canceled or postponed, use the race training schedules on this website to help plan your runs. Pick a race, train, and run your own virtual run on race day.
- If you plan to run a race that does not have a training schedule posted on our website, please send an email (with the race date and distance) to Pasadenapacers@gmail.com to request a recommended training schedule.
- Starting to plan for Los Angeles Marathon? Here’s the current training information and plan.
Run With Us is open. The store is a great supporter of our running club — please show your support by stopping by. They received a new batch of Pacers buffs — get yours before they run out again.
For When We are Allowed to Meet in Groups Again:
Ready to run? Just register and join us at our next scheduled outing. Come just as you are—out of shape or super fit—you’ll fit right in. Wear your running shoes and bring a water bottle. Make sure to introduce yourself to someone so you can get hooked up with a coach.
No running experience, no money required. Friendly smiles always appreciated.
Invite your family and/or friends to come join us for any weekday or Saturday run once we start meeting again
If you haven’t already, please remember that we need everyone to register before they run: http://bit.ly/PPacerRegister.
Powered by Strava
Browse and filter a dynamic list of some of our favorite routes here.