Training for the 2024 Los Angeles Marathon starts September 23, 2023!
Some things to know about the Pasadena Pacers Marathon Training Program:
- We are an official training partner of the Los Angeles Marathon. Yep, we’re certified and bonafide as such.
- Our training program is entirely FREE. Always has been, always will be. No cost, no how.
- The program can help newbies, experienced runners, and everyone in between. Never run? We’ve got you. Run like the wind and want to get a new PR? We’ve still got you.
- We offer camaraderie with our training. We have pace groups for the following paces: 6/7 min., 8 min., 9 min., 10 min., 11 min., 11 min. 30 sec., 12 min., 13 min., and 14 min. Pace groups 6-11 run the entire time; Groups 11:30-14 utilize the run/walk interval method. Each pace group has its own Facebook group to keep you informed about runs and encourage you along the way. (You have to click your pace to request access to join the group. Keeps things cozy.)
- In addition to the full marathon on Sunday, March 17, 2024, the Los Angeles Marathon also has a half marathon and 5K option. Want to be part of the Los Angeles Marathon experience but aren’t quite ready to sign up for a full marathon? Consider training for the Charity Half Marathon (to be held on marathon race day) or the LA Big 5K (scheduled for Saturday, March 16, 2024). Our Half Marathon, 10-Mile Challenge, and Pre-Conditioners training programs will help you get there.
- Loads of opportunities to run. We meet every Saturday morning at 6:50am for our weekend long run. Midweek runs happen on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:00pm. Our Los Angeles Marathon Speed Training program will kick off on Thursday, October 5, and will run through the duration of the Los Angeles Marathon training season.
- Loads of opportunities to volunteer. Another way to give back to our running community is to volunteer! We have weekly opportunities to volunteer throughout the training season, culminating in our signature 20 Mile Cheer Tent during the Los Angeles Marathon where family and friends can come to cheer you on! More information on this to come.
- Rumor has it we’re a friendly bunch. One of the friendliest in town, actually.
- You just have to sign up and show up. We require no fees, no nothing. Show up at a Saturday run with running shoes, a water bottle, and high hopes. After dynamic warmups, the training groups will break out and you’ll be with your fellow runners.
- We’ve been doing this for over 25 years. We’ve helped loads of runners and we never, ever, ever lose that shiny, happy feeling we get when one of our own crosses that finish line.
Interested? Here’s the Training Schedule Remember: it’s far less daunting with a fellow Pacer running alongside you.
Still want to know more? Find out more about the Pasadena Pacers on our FAQ page.
Pasadena Pacers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization and donations are tax deductible.