You’re ready to go for it—and we’re here to get you there. Our 26-week Marathon Training Program has helped hundreds of experienced and first-time marathon runners safety achieve their goal. Prepare yourself for a simultaneously challenging and intensely rewarding experience that will leave you with some amazing bragging rights.
This training program is best suited for runners who are already running 20 miles a week and have previously completed a half marathon.
|week 1||4 miles|
|week 2||5 miles|
|week 3||6 miles|
|week 4||7 miles|
|week 5||8 miles|
|week 6||9 miles|
|week 7||10 miles|
|week 8||8 miles|
|week 9||12 miles|
|week 10||10 miles|
|week 11||10 miles|
|week 12||14 miles|
|week 13||10 miles|
|week 14||10 miles|
|week 15||16 miles|
|week 16||10 miles|
|week 17||11 miles|
|week 18||18 miles|
|week 19||10 miles|
|week 20||11 miles|
|week 21||20 miles|
|week 22||10 miles|
|week 23||12 miles|
|week 24||22 miles|
|week 25||10 miles|
|week 26||8 miles|
|week 27||RACE WEEKEND|
|Monday:||Monday: Run 3-5 miles (week 1-5); 4-6 miles (week 6-12) Negative Splits.|
|Tuesday:||Strength & Core Training|
|Wednesday:||Wednesday: Run 3-5 miles (week 1-10) easy with hills; 3-5 miles no hills (week 11-12)|
We meet Saturdays at 6:45am and Mondays and Tuesdays at 6:30pm.
What to Bring
As with any Pacer program or run, all you need is a water bottle and some comfortable running shoes. We also recommend a sports watch or phone with a run tracker app (loads of Pacers are on Strava or Garmin), but it is by no means required.
In order to get the most out of your training, we have these recommendations to keep you motivated and enjoying your workouts:
- Always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any exercise program.
- Always run at your own pace. A benefit of running with a training group like the Pacers is that there’s probably someone else running at your pace so you’ll have company to help keep you going.
- If you feel any pain while running, stop immediately and let your coach/team doctor know.
- Set goals for yourself and track your progress. For example, signing up for a 5K race after the program’s competition can help keep you motivated.
- Find a partner for your workouts. One of your fellow Pacers might be the perfect candidate. You’ll keep one another motivated and take your mind off the hard work!
- Midweek cross training helps balance your training by engaging different muscles. These workouts can take the form of just about anything; yoga, biking, weight training, and walking are all great.
- Stretch after your workout when your muscles are warm to help your body recover.