LA Marathon 2023 News for Participants
It’s finally the 2023 Los Angeles Marathon (LAM) time! We’re so proud of each and every one of you running the LA Marathon. You trained hard and you’re ready.
Race Expo (check out the LA Marathon official website for expo detail and other important details not included here.)
- Location: Dodgers Stadium, Lot G (parking is free)
Friday: March 17: 10:00am-7:00pm
Saturday: March 18: 9:00am-5:00pm
- All participants must pick up their own race bib.
- Please wear your own bib. Selling or giving your bib to another runner violates the race’s policies.
- Don’t forget to pick up your beer garden wristband.
Pacer Shirts and Pacer Gear
- It’s really important to wear your Pacers shirt and Pacers gear on race day. Spectators cheer for Pacers, you’ll be spotted and acknowledged by other Pacers and volunteers, and you’ll be spotted more easily by our photographers throughout the race, and more.
- Pacers shirts and Pacers gear are available at Run With Us Pasadena. Remind them that you’re a Pacer and you get a 10% discount on running shoes, apparel, and most other items.
Drop Bags (you don’t need to have one, it’s just a service that we offer)
- Do you have special fuel or snacks that you don’t want to carry with you but will need for the last 6 miles, plan to change into a fresh pair of socks or a clean shirt, or have a photo or inspirational quote to see at Mile 20? If yes, you may want to have a Drop Bag.
- The bag (a Ziploc bag will do) can include anything you may need except perishable foods and valuable items. Bags need to be clearly labeled with: full name, phone number, and pace group.
- Please bring your Drop Bag to the regular meetups between now and March 18th.
- Important: Your Drop Bag can’t be picked up after the race. You can get your Drop Bag back the Saturday after LAM. So, please don’t leave anything that you need after the race or during the week in the bag (e.g., cell phone, keys).
Dodger Stadium Parking, Shuttle from Union Station, Drop Offs at Dodger Stadium
The race director suggests you arrive by 5:30am. Please read all the transportation and parking information on the LA Marathon website. Note that if you are getting dropped off at Dodger Stadium, you must enter through the Golden State Gate, accessible via I-5. Use the LEFT lanes leading into the Golden State Gate and proceed to the Runner Drop-Off Area in Parking Lot 4. * Use 2000 Academy Rd, Los Angeles CA for your GPS (for drop-offs and parking) *
- You can park at Dodgers Stadium, but you need to find your own way back to your car.
- Park at the finish line and get shuttled to the start line. Please read the specifics in the LA Marathon website.
- You can also park at Union Station and get shuttled to the start line. Please read the specifics in the LA Marathon website.
Pacers Group Photo, Pace Team Photo, and Warmup Stretches
- Meet at 6 am near the start line hospitality tent (see map).
- We’ll take a group picture and Coach Ezra, with Pasadena Pacers, will lead stretches.
- Make sure to get a Whittier Pacers group picture as well.
- Please note: if you encounter issues along the race route or need to communicate with the 20-Mile Cheer Station, please call our club President, Monica. If you have an emergency, please dial 911.
Her number is 626-825-5447
20 Mile Cheer Station (it’s really at 20.2 or so)
Pacer volunteers will meet you before the Cheer Station and run you there —be on the lookout for Pacer flags. Once at the tent, take some food, hydrate, get your Drop Bag (if you left one for race day) and seek medical help, as needed. Don’t get too comfortable, you still have another 6 miles to the finish line.
Smile! You did it! (We knew you could!) Tell your family or friends to meet you at Century Park, beer garden. You’ll get to see both your family and your Pacer family there.
- Celebrate!!! You deserve it. Connect with others to meet up for a celebratory meal.
- VICTORY PARTY: We will celebrate your finish and everyone else’s accomplishments, with a Victory Party on Saturday, April 22nd. Don’t miss it.
If you have any questions regarding any of this information, please contact Monica 626-825-5447.
Good luck, Pacers. You got this! Run, you Pacers, run.