- This event has passed.
Malibu Half Marathon & 5k
November 3, 2019 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Discount Code: Whittier19 — Click here to register!
MALIBU, CA — On Sunday, November 3, 2019, thousands of runners from around the world will journey to Malibu and run 13.1 miles along the famously scenic Southern California coastline.
The event will host 4,000 athletes as they compete and raise money for various causes, ranging from environmental conservation to supporting the Boys and Girls Club of Malibu. The Club is our nonprofit partner and is dedicated to mentoring young students during their most critical decision-making years.
Both the Half Marathon & 5K start and end at the famous Zuma Beach, one of the most distinctive landmarks on the Pacific Coast Highway, offering participants a beautiful out-and-back route along the pristine Malibu coastline.
From the starting line, the Half Marathon course proceeds on the PCH and continues along the coast past the north Malibu mansions, home to many celebrities. The Half Marathon course is USATF-certified and participants will have 4+ hours to complete their race, i.e. 18 minutes-per-mile pace for the Half-Marathon.
The 5K Run/Walk follows the same scenic course but is shorter. Get ready to soak up spectacular views of waves crashing on the shoreline, surfers and sunbathers in the water, and hundreds of inspired runners on the road. This is how you run beautiful.
The finish festival at Zuma Beach comes to life with cheering fans, exhibitors, and the musical stylings of our DJ. Many will end the day cooling off in the Ocean or enjoying a cold drink in the Beer Garden. www.malibumarathon.com
RACE DAY EVENT TIMELINE:
- 4:30 am – Zuma Beach Parking Opens to public ($5 CASH ONLY all day parking pass)
- 6:30 am – Zuma Beach Parking Closes (You need to be at the entrance gate before this time)
**Expect heavy traffic and delays and plan accordingly. We recommend arriving between 5:30 – 6:00 am. Remember, 30 mins of extra sleep is NOT worth arriving late.
- 6:30 AM – Take Place in line
- 7:00 am – Half Marathon Start Time
- 7:30 am – 5K Start Time
- 7:30 am – Beer Garden Opens (Bring ID)
- 8:30 am – 5K Award Ceremony
- 9:00 am – Half Marathon Award Ceremony on the beach & announcement of the BMW mountain bike raffle winner
- 11:30 – Beer Garden Closes
- 12:30 pm – Beach Festival Closes