So you’ve completed the Pre-Conditioners or the Novice 5K/10K Program…now what? Perhaps you now want to build up your mileage, work on your speed, or learn to run without intervals. Or maybe you would like to one day run a Half Marathon. Well, this is the group for you! See the schedule below and let’s have some fun.
2023 Bridge to Half Sring Session -Special Edition
|week 1||4 miles|
|week 2||5 miles|
|week 3||6 miles|
|week 4||7 miles|
|week 5||6 miles|
|week 6||8 miles|
|week 7||6 miles|
|week 8||9 miles|
|week 9||6 miles|
|week 10||9 miles|
|week 11||6 miles|
|week 12||10 miles!|
|Sunday:||Rest (or walk/hike)|
|Monday:||4 miles (weeks 1-7); 5 miles (weeks 8-12)|
|Tuesday:||Rest or Cross Train|
|Wednesday:||3 miles (weeks 1-6) w/interval increase; 4 miles (weeks 7-9); 5 miles (weeks 10-12)w/hills|
|Thursday:||Rest or Cross Train|
|Friday:||Rest or 2-3 miles easy run|
What to Bring
As with any Pacer program or run, all you need is a water bottle and some comfortable running shoes. We also recommend a sports watch or phone with a run tracker app (some Pacers use Strava or Garmin), but it is by no means required.
In order to get the most out of your training, we have these recommendations to keep you motivated and enjoying your workouts:
- Always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any exercise program.
- Always run at your own pace. A benefit of running with a training group like the Pacers is that there’s probably someone else running at your pace so you’ll have company to help keep you going.
- If you feel any pain while running, stop immediately and let your coach/team doctor know.
- Set goals for yourself and track your progress. For example, signing up for a 5K race after the program’s competition can help keep you motivated.
- Find a partner for your workouts. One of your fellow Pacers might be the perfect candidate. You’ll keep one another motivated and take your mind off the hard work!
- Midweek cross training helps balance your training by engaging different muscles. These workouts can take the form of just about anything; yoga, biking, weight training, and walking are all great.
- Stretch after your workout when your muscles are warm to help your body recover.